Monday, January 30, 2017

Season 6 Episode 1 -- Gladiator Report



THE GLADIATOR REPORT

Here's just a few of my "in-the-moment" thoughts on our gladiator friends....




ABBY 

Abby is a yapping chihuahua! Ugh. That moment in the hospital with Agent Spaulding was was too much flex. I could see it, if she'd come in and tried to be amiable and workable, and the Agent disregarded her. Yes, then, I could see it. She just walked in the man's space and started flexing extra hard for no reason. It's not like he'd given her a hard time or sassed her attempt at being cordial. Nope. She just started flexing. "Hi, I'm here on behalf of the President and THIS is the plan." would have likely worked out just fine, but nooooo.... Abby Whelan can't do that. She had to walk in and flex extra strong. This, is an example of why men don't respect women in authority... because sometimes, we take our flex too far, too soon. 

Here we are again, needing to remind Abby that she is NOT A MONSTER. What is is with this girl and her need to flex? Goodness. Abby is not unlike many of us... where we mask our insecurities and disguise them as a "hard ass" the moment we get just a little bit of power. I get that. But geesh, it's all the time with her, and it literally makes me wanna throw up in my mouth a little bit - every time!






MARCUS
Someone please help me understand why Marcus is doing Abby's job? Did I miss the torch passing ceremony? The last I recall, Marcus was standing next to Mellie backstage at her convention, just before being announces and the Presidential nominee. Now, I know it's been quite some time since our last rendezvous, but seriously, I clearly missed his promotion from OPA to the White House.
Season 5 Finale

And since we're talking about Marcus... what's up with him being so mean to Olivia? Why are they not friends anymore? Dude was throwing so much shade when she was asking him for help. Remember when she was trying to get an update on Frankie Vargas after hte shooting? Well, she smiled and said, "Come on, I'm your friend", to which he curtly responded, "Nah, you're Olivia Pope." Ummmmm, MARCUS?! What has your panties in a bunch... other than the fact that they're making you shave off all your facial hair?

I just really didn't understand this unexplained shift in their relationship at all. Granted, they weren't #SibSquad like Liv and Harrison, but my goodness, I thought they were better than THAT... pretty cool, or so I thought!



QUINN

Interesting... another promotion I missed. So, Charlie is a gladiator now?! Perhaps I am just a little bit rude, but seriously you guys... NO NEW FRIENDS! OPA is reserved for the truest of Gladiators... ONLY! Don't get me wrong, Charlie is a good weapon to have at your disposal... but like, at a distance, but still easily accessible. Not all up and through! Charlie, we need to see your passport, and 2 additional forms of ID please!

And how precious.... Quinn and Charlie sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N.... BARF! Alright, so maybe they're a little cute, but like... ew. Enough. I honestly don't see Quinn getting married, but you never know -- because in Shondaland, anything goes!



No comments:

Post a Comment