Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Season 4 Premiere: Randy, Red, Superfreak and Julia


#ScandalPremierEpisodeRecap

We All Know What Happens Next... 

Gladiators... we're BACK! Scandal has returned and we're back in action. Let's chat season 4 premier!

WHY I THINK THIS PREMIER WAS STRONG:

1. They tie up all the loose ends in like 3 minutes. We find Liv, find out what happened to OPA after she left, and we see what everyone is up to. Strong.
2. We actually get a SCANDAL! Sure, the whole episode isn’t about the scandal itself, but it happens. We get to see Liv in her element, and it’s good. Pleasant nostalgia.
3. They actually deal with Harrison’s death. They don’t glaze over it. They don’t leave him to bleed to death in the street. They don’t pretend like it didn’t happen. They don’t even make us wait a few episodes. They deal with it straight on, and they have very appropriate reactions to their friend’s untimely death.

RECAP NOTES:

- Quinn should NOT be allowed to talk to or know anybody anymore. I’m not gonna waste my breath on her. All I’ll say is… You slept with the enemy… so far as to hold me at gun point?! Girl bye, don’t beckon for me. #DoneWithQuinn #TraitorTrash

- Daddy Pope said “No, I had nothing to do with your friend’s murder. I did not kill Harrison.” I think he’s possibly skating on a pencil thin line, but he’s carefully navigating his word choice and I believe that he is (technically) telling the truth. So now the question is, “what happened then?” He did straight up lie about killing Momma Pope tho. #HandleMyLightweightYo #RealOG

- Jake is annoying. Ya’ll already know I can’t stand this dude. Point-blank-period, if all you have to fight with is the pleasures you bring this woman then you’re bringing a butter-knife to a gun fight bruh. You don’t know WHAT sort of “places” Fitz has explored, and you ought to know that Olivia Pope needs more than exploring new “places” to turn her heart. And, if you were THAT bomb bro, your insecurities wouldn’t have so easily stood erect at the idea of being back in DC. #YeahISaidIT #YourTurnIsOverGreenEyes

- Mellie is GONE ya’ll. She was eating “Fruit Colored Os” out of a box. Not Fruit Loops, but Fruit Colored Os. She doesn’t even care to get the name brand no more. She’s definitely a mother in mourning, likely fighting a lot of guilt for having not been there like she should have been, as she admitted in the season 3 finale. I mean, she went to the gravesite in her ROBE, sweats and Uggs. LOL. And maaaaaaaaaan, she was a serious jerk mode at the end out there on that balcony with Fitz. I thought they were good. Why she suddenly get all cold and mean? Oh, my bad… we’re talking about Mellie Grant, nevermind. I DIED though then she referred to Abbey as “red-haired lady”.  I wonder what’s going to happen that will make her snap back to reality and comb her hair. She’s a delirious, but she’s not done. #FitzTriedToDoWHATtoHimselfTho?! 

- I wonder how long it’s going to take for Olitz to reconnect and slob each other down one good time. I know that Fitz doesn’t think he’ll succumb to it, as he so pathetically tried to convince Mellie, but as Cyrus said “We all know what happens next. We’ve seen this movie 100 times.” #ThePinkyTwitchSaysItAll

No comments:

Post a Comment